Premature hair loss is a potential danger for young men as well as women. Those affected suffer from this problem in the long term. There are physical difficulties and mental worries related to premature hair loss.
You should clarify the treatment options as well as the causes of hair loss at a young age. Often times, for example, a hair transplant offers the chance to regain the entire hair and gain a new self-confidence.
Premature Hair Loss is a Big Problem Especially for Young People
Premature hair loss for young people is often an extraordinary burden compared to the elderly. For most people, bald spots on the head indicate old age.
While contact with acquaintances and strangers creates fear, the self-esteem of those affected often decreases significantly Moreover, the fear caused by the reduction of the hairline or bald part leads to disadvantages when applying for education or a job. These types of fears turn into a huge psychological burden over time.
This increases stress, which, in the worst case, accelerates premature hair loss in the long term. This literally creates a vicious circle.
Causes Hair Loss at a Young Age
When premature hair loss occurs in men, it is usually an inherited variant of the problem. For this reason, you will sometimes notice shrinking hair lines among men around the age of 20.
If your father, grandparents, or other men in the family are also spotted early with bald spots on the hairline above the temples, you may likewise be at higher risk. However, at a young age, reduced hairlines can rarely progress quickly to major partial or complete baldness.
In addition, the following factors, among others, are partially responsible for hair loss in teenagers:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Hormonal disorders
- Fungal infections
- Severe hair root inflammation and other infectious diseases
- Medication side effects
- Incorrect diet with vitamin or mineral deficiency
Prevention Tips of Premature Hair Loss
By clarifying the causes, with the right measures, you usually have the chance to prevent premature hair loss or at least slow it down.
- If stress accelerates hair loss in a decisive way, a change in daily behavior will ideally lead to an improvement. It is actually always advisable to avoid a stressful situation.
- Breathing exercises can be an option if you can’t completely avoid stressful moments in your daily life. As a result, your body provides a healthier blood circulation by using a better oxygen source, even on stressful days such as your hair health.
- If one of the reasons for your premature hair loss is nutrient deficiency, a change in diet is also beneficial. Providing your body with adequate vitamins and minerals is extremely important for your hair health.
- By eating fruits and vegetables several times a day, you increase your chances of keeping your hair longer.
- It is also highly recommended that you don’t make mistakes while styling your hair. Sometimes cosmetics or unusual hairstyles negatively affect the condition of the hair follicles.
Solutions for Hair Fall at the Age of 20?
As long as premature hair loss occurs extraordinarily at a young age, you should not waste time. After a significant amount of hair loss, teens are always advised to see a qualified doctor.
Then, with a little luck, it is possible to save the hair follicles from permanent stunting. Experts notice a fungal attack or inflammation of the scalp, for example, and the cause of this is ideally stopped over time.